Omaha Parkinson’s Care – A Better Quality of Life
Home Care Assistance caregivers can help make life easier and more comfortable for seniors with Parkinson’s. Parkinson’s disease restricts movements and produces uncontrollable tremors. The physical symptoms limit a person’s ability to perform simple daily tasks, making life very challenging.
Home Care Assistance offers a customized care plan specific to your needs on an hourly or full-time care basis. Our dedicated caregivers provide a better quality of life for our clients with Parkinson’s disease through the following ways:
- Promote a healthier lifestyle with The Balanced Care Method™
- Transportation for medical appointments and errands
- Companionship and emotional support
- Reminders for medication
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Cooking, laundry and light housekeeping
How Does Parkinson’s Affect Seniors Diagnosed with the Disease?
Over 50,000 seniors in America are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease each year and an estimated one million people are affected by the disease at any given time. It can affect people of any age, but 90 % of people with Parkinson’s are over 60 years old. Each person will experience the symptoms differently, but the most common include:
- Resting Tremor- shaking or oscillating movement in limbs
- Slow movement-general reduction of spontaneous movement. Abnormal stiffness and decrease in facial expressivity
- Postural Instability- unstable standing upright and poor balance or coordination
- Unwanted Accelerations in speech- causing stuttering
- Depression- coping with symptoms and other mood disorders
Custom Care for Your Loved One Suffering from Parkinson’s
At Home Care Assistance we recognize our clients are individuals. We create tailored care plans for each client and match our caregivers to their client based on their skills and compatible personalities. Rest easy knowing your loved one is safe and comfortable with a Home Care Assistance caregiver. Call a Care Manager today at 402-763-9140 to schedule a free consultation.