There are so many things for seniors to do in Omaha we had to split our post into three parts. Last week, we put out part one and hope your senior loved one has already been able to partake in some of the city’s fun senior events. This week, the care experts at Omaha Home Care Assistance bring you part two.
Saddlebrook Community Center
Telephone: (402) 932-1080
– Every Thursdays at 4:40pm your elderly relative can participate in active senior yoga. The class costs $72 for a 6 week course.
– Adults 55+ can use the Walking Track and Cardio Room for free Monday-Friday from 9am-11am. A $3.00 usage fee applies after designated times.
Papillion Senior Center
Telephone: (402) 597-2059
The Papillion Senior Center provides healthy food, friendship, and fun to seniors age 60+ and their guests. Keep in mind this senior center is a 20 minute drive from Omaha, so you or your elderly loved one’s caregiver in Omaha will need to be available for transportation. The following are just a few of the activities available to elderly.
– Rosemaling Painting is a form of Norwegian decorative painting, and is offered every Wednesday from 9:30am-11:30am. A one-time cost of $5 is requested, which covers starting supplies.
– Games, Cards, and Conversation is help every Thursday at 12:30pm. Seniors can come play their favorite games such as Pinochle, Gin, Golf, Sorry, Dominoes, and UNO.
– Your loved one can get creative with their hands at ceramics class on Thursdays from 9:30am–11:30am, and 12:30pm–3:30pm. The cost is the price of the ceramic piece and a firing fee. Paint and tools are provided without further charge.
Being a senior in Omaha means never having to be bored. Help your senior loved one find an activity (or four) he or she enjoys doing and ensure they stay happy, healthy, and social for a long time to come. If you’re loved one’s lifestyle is too active for you to keep up with, find and hourly or live-in caregiver in Omaha who can assist them with everyday tasks and outings. Home Care Assistance performs a thorough background check before hiring a caregiver and puts every caregiver through extensive training. Call a Care Manager at (402) 763-9140 to schedule your free in-home consultation.